Saturday, May 16, 2009





Tu as dit "Meet me on the mountain."

The climb was strenuous. Obstacle after obstacle.
With every loose rock there came a stumble, and sometimes even a fall.
I got back up every time.
Seulement pour toi.
"Il veux moi. Je peux grimper."
The grumbling in the sky had no effect.
C'est mon voyage a l'amour.

Upon reaching the top, I saw no sign of you.
"Je suis plus tard?"
No footsteps in the dirt. No leaf or branch out of place. No sign of life aside from the creatures inhabiting the area.
Je decide rester.
Une heur.
Deux heurs.
Trois heurs.
J'ai su.
Every drop added more weight, until, finally, I had sunk into the ground, forced to stay on this mountain forever. Waiting for someone to appear. Waiting for you, unless someone else comes along to rescue me.

Finalment, je decide m'aider.
Scratch, scratch. Wiggle, wiggle.
NON!
Scratch, scratch. Wiggle, wiggle.
Days and days.
Weeks and weeks.
Months and months.
Liberté!


No comments: